Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just moved in

So we just moved in - actually we are still in the process, but our bodies have now been in the house for 4 nights now. Since I work and go to school, I have only been able to see the town in the dark or first thing in the morning. Here is a little bit about how our first week has gone....

Night 1
We finish moving a load which did not include food, got pretty hungry and decided to hit the town - HA it was 8:45pm on a Sunday night....we stopped in at Shorters and they were very nice and welcoming, but it was too late to eat so we had a few drinks and headed next door to Jack in the Box (just about the only place to eat at 9:30)...took that home, ate and went to bed. First night in a new place = I slept for about 3 hours! When I was not awake hearing every bump in the night, I was dreaming about raccoons invading my new place (I came from Alta Loma and feel like I moved to Mayberry in the hills).

Night 2
Pretty much a repeat - tried to go get food too late again..ended up at Vons getting the ingredients for turkey sandwiches - haha. Weird dreams again.

Night 3
Got home from school at 8:00pm to my little dog and my hubby hanging out in the garage. Stopped at Vons and had a little BBQ

Night 4
Got home at 8:00, let the pooch out, unpacked some and waited for the hubby and kids to get home from soccer. Notable quotes: "Joni, can you leave the bathroom door open while I shower, it is kinda scary in a new house" and when asked if he was okay at tuck in time "It is kinda scary" so I got a fake candle out and put it in his room and we called it a night.

Tonight is night 5, we will see what adventure lies ahead. I know one thing, I am not going to try to get dinner at 9:00 pm...the town is asleep! I think I should open a restaurant with the slogan "We are open, even after the street lights are on" tee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment